Being able to say no!

We talked about being women of Christ and how we as Christian women should dress appropriately. We touched on the fact that God has made us fearfully and wonderfully made. This week we will be talking about being able to say no. You may be wondering why do we need to be able to say no but there are situations that we find ourselves in that maybe compromising situations and find ourselves going along with these situations without saying no to them. I expect I have lost you already but here is an example of what I am talking about. 
About 3 year agos in the summer I started talking to a guy, I got myself into a compromising situation where my guard was down and got caught of guard. Where I should of said no I didnt respond at all and let it happen. It wasnt easy afterwards I had to ask God for forgiveness and put things right with him. It was a learning curve to see how easily it is to be caught unawares. It can be hard to say no but with Gods strength and his wisdom we can lean on Him.

I have seen a lot of women be in these situations and not being able to say no or feel like they cant fearing that they maybe judged or rejected by that guy. Like I was. Its soo important as women of christ to build each other up, help each other say no to situations that won't be good for us. If your unsure about a situation talk to someone you trust who can guide you through it and seek God with you. The evil one is certainly out there to stop us freely speaking to our sisters and brothers in Christ but we can't be feeling alone we need to have that encouragement. I hope you all use this space to do just that build one another up. Pray for one another and give each other advice and talk about your own experiences. 
Love you all
Hannah x 

Comments

Popular Posts