My struggle as a teen

My struggle with fashion started at the age of 12 when I started highschool. I noticed girls wear skirts that were short and tops that were low. To me I thought this was cool and fashionable. I started wearing foundation, mascara, eyeliner etc (nothing wrong with that). I had low self esteem and didn't feel comfortable or confident with who I was, so I tried to fit in. What made it worse was the fact that I would eat lots for break and lunch. I was at an unhealthy weight and I had a bad relationship with food. So eating all that food and wearing clothes that wouldn't fit me wasn't doing me any good. I was down about my weight. People told me I was a pretty girl. I would ask myself how is everyone telling me that I am beautiful when I don't feel it. How can I be beautiful? For awhile I couldn't understand that God made me fearfully and wonderfully made, in my head I would let the negative get to me.



Growing up people would turn around and say you love your food don't you. Or you can have seconds because you are a teenager. Another one was oh you look like you lost weight.  That one upset me the most as I thought they were taking notice of how I looked and that certainly made me feel self conscious. For these people they were saying them out of kindness and not realising that it was affecting me.
God has really spoken to me about representing myself to being a women of christ and walking the walk I talk the talk (don't get me wrong it's a difficult path being a christian and certainly keeping track of how I act, how I show myself as a christian, because all of us slip sometimes. One way or another). I encourage you all to feel confident in who God made you to be!!
God bless Hannah xx



Comments

Popular Posts